Friday, August 03, 2007

Still here.

I am indeed still alive after the 35W bridge disaster. My heart goes out to those who were injured and to those who lost friends and family.

A couple of my colleagues regularly used the fated bridge on their commute. Fortunately, they were happy-houring downtown and didn't climb into their cars until after the disaster. Another person on their floor made it over the bridge about 10 minutes before the collapse. Fortunately, it wasn't even a near-miss for me. I think I've been on that bridge all of four times in the two-plus years I've been here. I rarely use the northern leg of 35w, even though I'm on the south-of-downtown chunk almost daily.

If anybody tells you design doesn't matter, they're wrong. This proves it.

1 comment:

Matt Walsh said...

Glad to hear you're OK. We've been thinking about you.

Best Cat Ever

We recently lost our beloved Cornish Rex cat, Rory. He was 16, and I was fortunate to have known him for 14 of those years. He was known at ...