Monday, November 05, 2007

Elevator Music

Entering the elevator going upstairs to my perch on the 21st floor of Big Red in downtown Mpls, I'm usually listening to something on my iPod that is cranked up to the point where my noise-cancelling headphones no longer cancel noise and my neighbors can hear every note. I like to share. I’m sure this messes with all the 25-year old guys trying to look gangsta in their grey flannel suits, but their premise is messed up from the start, so I’m not particularly sympathetic.

“Are you ready, Steve?” “Uh-huh.”
When I dial up “Ballroom Blitz” on the ‘pod on my way out the door, I feel about as dissipated as Steve
sounds. But by the time Steve is ready, so am I. I've cued up the Sweet, the Pretty Things, the Black Lips… who needs caffeine?

No comments:

Best Cat Ever

We recently lost our beloved Cornish Rex cat, Rory. He was 16, and I was fortunate to have known him for 14 of those years. He was known at ...